Light Type: HID/LED/CMH/etc. LED 100w
Media/Substrate: fox farm happy frog / ocean Forrest
Nutrients:fix farm trio
IPM:
Humidity (High/Low/Avg):70
Temperature (High/Low/Avg):70
pH/EC of Feeds:
pH/EC of Runoff:
Notes: Back to it again. Haven’t successfully run a photoperiod plant in years. After my fail last round I am excited to get some purple sunset.

2 Likes

What’s your trouble with photo period? Let’s make this one a success I can help as much as possible :pray:

1 Like

My biggest trouble has been my light leaks. I was growing in a closet so I just didn’t do photos, I only ran auto for fear of messing them up. So I guess not a struggle in practice, but a limit by location.
Anyway, super stoked to do a photo with some training and see what I get.

First thing I would do is upgrade your lighting to some heavier wattage if possible 100 watts not gonna bring out the best … Maybe lower the light to 18 inches from soil so seedlings don’t get too stretchy

2 Likes

Yes, I agree, this is the cheap light that came with the tent. Once I switch the lights hopefully the temps don’t get too out of hand. I have been looking to upgrade for a while. What kind of watts should I shoot for with that little 27x27? I think It’s like 5 ft tall. I was pretty impressed with how much plant matter that little light made. If you look at my seed run I got some nice plants in there but no real chunker buds, I think though if the plants weren’t making seeds they would have done alright.

Ooh that is tiny, gavita makes a 315w multi bar led fixture that’s dimmable with a controller…
A small in line fan to pull in fresh air and exhaust would be beneficial for air movement and rising temp while lighting on

1 Like

Oops that lighting I mentioned is bigger than 27x27

1 Like

Day 1 of life above ground. The little seeds sprouted yesterday may 7th, kind of fun the seeds and I share a birthday.
They look good but are very tiny. My last purple sunset grew huge fan leaves.

Peace out.
Grow on guys!

2 Likes

They’re at day 15 today. I think they are about on track looking nice. Very excited to have them start growing faster. Seedlings are so slow. I am just doing aerated water at this point and have only watered once initially, probably watering again tonight or tomorrow.

2 Likes

Day 20 from sprout.
These little ladies are cruising along, it’s interesting to me that the one that sprouted first is growing faster.

2 Likes

Day 28
These ladies are growing nicely. They have really big leaves. I topped them on day 25 of life.

Very robust, is that the same 100w led?

1 Like

Yup same LED at about 70%

Impressive little light

1 Like

It’s now like day 33 for these little gals, I defoliated the large fan leaves on day 31. I like the spread I am getting from my timing of topping. Everything is going swell. It’s about a month of grow time so I am planning top dressing soon.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I flipped to 12/12 two weeks ago Thursday. They’ve just started showing flower sights since the beginning of the week. I did a major defoliation fed more BAS top dress and started feeding the Oregons Only sample nutrient pack.

4 Likes

Cruising along. The buds aren’t getting terribly large but I think that’s due to the little 100w led. Even though it’s small nuggetry I am very pleased, the plants are looking happy and healthy I think its going to be fire smoke. The buds smell very nice and are covered in trichomes.

Interesting experience trying to grow these big plants in this little tent with a little light. I think it will be okay though. I will get a sufficient amount for my personal use.

I don’t know if I mentioned it but I am using Oregons only nectar for the gods in alternating cycle with fox farm liquid and silica trios as well as some cal mag + and recharge

4 Likes