Zweet Grapes AUTO - 80 Days

Grown in living soil/raised bed/amended soil/water only/whatever.
700w FR LED from HLG
4x4 Tent
3x3 Raised Fabric Bed

Straight grape fun dip terps. Excited to try her once dried and cured.

Zweet Grapes #1:

Zweet Grapes #2:

12 Likes

Wicked grow and love your growing method! Ever thought about going away from LED tho?

I just did a side by side comparison for the first time growing the same clone under LED salt fed and another under CMH organically in a sip container bed style setup. (Would post this but it’s not a ethos genetic)

The CMH bulked and the buds elongated beautifully whereas the LED grew these tight pretty little golf balls. This experiment makes me want to continue forward with bulbs but heat issues are a concern at times and end up going back to the LED seasonally.

I just have a bar type without far red tech and a hlg600r collecting dust. I’m still very biased that CMH grown buds give me more medical effect than a standard LED.

My other question is do you have any experience or knowledge of these newer overpriced crop steering led lights? Are they still gonna grow these tight smaller buds? Do they just mimic the spectrum and not grow like a bulb still?

I’m inclined to try and get the big guys to do a side by side comparison but probably never happen…

Sorry maybe should have started a new section on this but may not have got your attention :joy:

1 Like

…I do see that your buds are elongated more than my LED would. Is this the addition of far red or environmental?

I’d say bud elongation in my experience has been genetic dependent, as all of my grows have been LED since my first run with hps. That said, I do believe CMH has unique advantages. Just have not played with it personally. Same with crop steering lighting. Always opportunity for new tools for different goals. The ability to elongate some genetics that trend more dense could be a plus for a variety of reasons.

1 Like

Magnifico

1 Like

My apologies Ben, I just read one of your biographies and thought you have been doing this many years. As someone who has been doing this since 2019, you are knowledgeable and soak up information. I’ll be looking into your “clean growing” book if I can find it in Canada
….always trying to be clean myself but took in some cuts this summer and learned a lesson…just about ready to do a total shutdown/cleanup

Sorry one more question about your grow. I’m looking at getting a 3x3 bed also but my tent is only 3x3. I noticed yours is a 4x4. Does your bed fold out quite a bit on the sides and thats why you chose a larger tent with smaller bed? I’m worried I may not be able to close the zippers. Also what type of tray is on the bottom of your bed to prevent water from dripping?

Thanks, stay lit!!! :fire:

1 Like

No sweat! And thanks for the kind words. Clean Growing should be available on the Canadian Amazon site but lmk if you’re having troubles.

As for the bed question, I was gifted the bed, so that sort of defaulted me to a size. That said, having the perimeter to work with allows for me to encircle the bottom of the bed with ducting to bring fresh air in below canopy.

Personally, I’d say you would want to go slightly smaller than your space, rather than trying to fit a 4x4 in a 4x4 or so on.

1 Like