Trop Cookies x Zweet OG lack of vigor and true hermaphrodite

Started 3 Trop Cookies x Zweet OG. Two were runts and were culled, one took off and outpaced plants a month older than it. Three weeks into flower and it started throwing pollen sacs all over. I pulled about 20 pollen sacs off, a few had opened. Here’s a pic of one of the sacs.
As I understand it this is a true hermaphrodite, not “nanners” this is the only one of 9 different plants in flower tent that hermed. It is a genetic hermaphrodite, not caused by environment. I plucked all the sacs and put her outside to finish away from the other girls.
So my report for this cross is that they produced weak seedlings, the one that had vigor, turned out hermaphrodite. Which in my experience, any plant that vegges 2x as fast as the rest usually ends up a herm…

5 Likes

Yeah potentially untested genetics.
We multipass holders are not the testers! :melting_face:

3 Likes

I hope so atleast…
If this multipass thing is going to be the Ethos testers I’d like to know about that one. That I’m running untested gear and doing the testing for Ethos. And think about this thing again if this is the case.
If untested it should be marked down to the strain list. So that those who wanna take a risk running untested strains can do it but those don’t can skip that crap.
Some of us have very small space and that 3x3 or 4x4 is all the weed I’m gonna smoke next 3-4 months. So one hermie there in 5-7 plants can screw that one up real bad.
So mark down the untested genetics!!!
Please!

(I’ve not had any “hermie” Ethos strains in years tho)

5 Likes

I’m not mad, just reporting. Herms happen.

3 Likes

Yes they do.
I was not implying that you are mad. Just writing down my thoughts on the subject.

2 Likes

Ive been running ethos for a couple years, and they are usually the fastest to germinate and take off compared to other breeders. This time i was a little disappointed and i thought it was me, but from what ive been seeing on these posts a few others are having issues with runts, and seeds not popping. I tried punch n pie 3 times and the only one that made it was a runt. Xxxx took off no problem. High note took off no problem. Skunk hero x st. Og cookies was a runt, i had 2 of those going and decided to toss them. Slh x gary payton took off strong. Trop cookies x zweet Og is kinda slow. Yeah man I dont know whats going on this drop. Im a little nervous putting them into flower now. But like i said, over 2 years ive never had any issues until this last drop. Im not bitching because i love the multipass and the free seeds for life.

6 Likes

Yes I have had the same experience but not those runt ones. Very vigorous almost every seed.
The seeds that have not popped, for me I think it’s my fault. Too cold or something. Could be a bad patch who knows.
Not bitching either, loving the gear!

2 Likes

I’ve had back to back runs with hermaphrodites. After the first one, I used completely different strains. Definitely disappointing cause I caught them both too late and the damage had been done.

1 Like

I ran into the same issue i had 2 of the 5 straight up hermaphrodites and 1 was complete male, i pulled them at week 2 as i didnt want to risk them as they are flowering with the xxxx. Would be great if these genetics where more stable thats whats frustrating me atm!! At this stage im contemplating just going back to old school starins from greenhouse seed that produces consitant quality and phenos without these issues, white widow and super silver haze ready to pop as we speak

1 Like

Exactly why it would be nice to know if something is untested in the multipass drop.
Love most of the gear but there is some problems, yes.

4 Likes

I have the last two Trop Cookies x Zweet in seedlings right now I was hoping it was an anomaly. If others having herm problems too I might get rid of them and not invest time.
The multipass drops aren’t the top tier strains, those get released. I’m sure these get tested, but don’t make the cut for release. But if they aren’t released because of herm issues, that’s not cool to give em to us.

4 Likes

I have thought this like the strains that are named in the drop, they might be tested.
Those that are labeled only like: “something x something else” might be untested.
I Might be completely wrong tho. :joy:
It would be nice to know these things, so one could skip the untested gear if wanted.

5 Likes

@Colingordon @Cannabenoid

3 Likes

If my memory serves me correct, before multipass ever dropped Colin posted on IG that some would be tested and some not tested, it wpuld be random and no intent on just untested genetics. Gives us Multipass holders a chance to run stuff before hand if you will. Now…my memory could be completely wrong…but that is what I remember.

2 Likes

Popped last two Trop cookies x Zweet OG. Both showing intersex. Starting week 3 flower. I popped the pollen sacs off and put them outside to finish.
Beware of intersex possibilities with this strain.

3 Likes

These got tossed outside after I spotted pollen sacs but plucked the sacs off and they didn’t come back, so I let ‘em finish. Got some pretty big kinda fluffy buds. Not very remarkable terps, I’ll see how it cures.

2 Likes

Cured and ended up pretty shitty buds. This strain was junk. All were intersex, three weak as seedlings got culled. finished two out of 5. Shoulda culled them all. Gifting the qp I got from the two plants to local homeless people for Christmas.

2 Likes

Gave some to my cousin and told her it’s not that great so she smoked a big joint and got really high, so I guess it’s just me being a pot snob.

1 Like