Trichome Production

Hi!

I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a technique to encourage trichome production? After growing for a couple of years I have noticed some runs are super frosty, and some are just dusted. Been wondering if it is purely genetics (obviously plays a huge role), selective pressures (environment), nutrients, or a combination of everything?

4 Likes

From what I have heard (have not tried personally), UV supplements can impact trich head size.

So, in theory, adding a UV light (a/b/c) would help encourage that extra resin/trichome growth you’re looking for!

3 Likes

2 Likes

There’s several factors that can increase trichome production. First, overall health. A happy healthy plant with good lighting.
Environmental factors. Temperature and humidity play a big role. Warmer and more humid gives you larger flowers but cool temperatures at night and lower humidity in late flower will help increase resin and color.

11 Likes

I play binary beats in my grow room at all times. Its experimental completely but it’s supposed to trick the plant to thinking it’s being attacked. I’m not going to say it does work, but i like the ambience in my room lol.

4 Likes

I use BlackDog LED lights, and the built in UV-A works wonders for my plants frostiness. I also supplement Winters Frost by NewMillenium. @growmodrowbro on IG to see pics. Have only used Winter Frost on the run of Runtz, so far…but they turned out super frosty.

6 Likes

Thank you all for the info! I’ll definitely be looking into adding UV into the tent, and dropping down the nightly temps a little more.

3 Likes

I use Winter Frost also, New Mil is :fire:!

3 Likes