Male plants

Curious if anyone has input on what to look for when selecting a male for breeding.

2 Likes

Gave it a shake this morning… poof pollen filled the air.

Had hoped for some insight, this is only the second male I’ve ever flowered to make seeds.

This male was seed from southwest Jamaica the plant the seed came from had larger internode spacing with long skinny buds. Anyway, kinda excited to see if the Mellon Baller x Endgame, Mandarin Cookies Haze, and GMO produce any seeds.

2 Likes

I’m sure you will get plenty!!!

1 Like

It’s crazy how many it can produce. I took a dime sized bud of my og reversal out last night and got about 30 seeds out of it.

1 Like

Thanks, hoping for the best.

I’ve read you really need to grow the males out to get a better interpretation of structure and/or expression but I still wonder about the selection process when you have many males to choose from and they haven’t flowered yet.

Being only the second male plant I’ve let flower, this Jamaica plant looks much like the Afghan Hash Plant male just less branching.

2 Likes

Almost like you need to go on a male dedicated hunt to actually see how it grows out completely. I think some people find one that they think might have potential , grow it out if it checks all the boxes, maybe reveg it and keep it for breeding?

2 Likes

You really have to put in the time and work to find “the male”. There really isnt much to go off of in comparison to a reversed fem. Stem rub , plant morphology, pest/mold resistance are the big ones i think

3 Likes