Is this a hermie?

I may have to get rid of it, she is Mandarin Cookie R3. I see the odd hair, however, there is some strange growth. My senses are telling me to get rid of this pheno, strange growth and not alot of hairs 2 weeks in. Any suggestions?

This is 1 of 5 and the only one that looks weird, the leaves are weird and lack of hairs. I’ve never seen this before.

I don’t think that is a herm

2 Likes

That isn’t what denotes a hermie. I’d recommend continuing…one of the best plants I ever grew was one that I thought was ‘weird’ and didn’t look like or grow like the others…someone helped me with my first grow, so as payment I gave him that entire plant…because fuck that one right…months later, I run out of smoke from the other 3 plants, and go smoke with him…and wouldn’t you know it, that plant had the best taste and lingering aroma of all of them…BY FAR…

Moral of the story…don’t judge a book by its cover…err, a plant by its growth…

Hermie traits generally start out from those single calyxes that grow at the base of every bud in my experience…you’ll know because it will literally be something completely foreign looking growing out of it…not just a weird version of normal growth…the little bananas stand out pretty quick as definitely a bad thing lol…

3 Likes

Have to agree with you here, I always keep an eye out for the weird ones, you just never know what the end result will be right!

2 Likes

Giving it a few days to see, it has tiny little hairs and i dont see any balls. I may have to watch, What is a Woman again…

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like a herm from that picture. Take pictures of the side profile to see the nodes.

2 Likes

I killed this phenotype today, it was growing so strange and I wasnt going to risk it. The others look and smell great @ day 18.
This plant had tiny hairs, narrow fan leaves, and looked to be growing bracts or possibly males. Never seen hairs that small, anyways, hope I didn’t just butcher a winner.
Thanks for listening…

Those details have nothing to do with hermaphroditism dude…not one thing you described. Sounds like you chopped a perfectly good plant just because it was different from the sound of it…literally there are like 50 completely normal mutations that cannabis expresses…it’s part of evolution. There are cannabis plants that have webbed leaves, that only foxtail, ones with twisted calyxes, with curly pistils, ones that are strangely short, strangely huge, some grow fan leaves with 3 leaves per fan, some grow 13 per fan, some with ultra fat leaves, some with ultra skinny sawblade leaves, some with variegated leaves…and they all smoke just fine.

It wasn’t a witch just because it wrote with its left hand my dude.

You should look up several videos and articles on the subject before making rash decisions next time.

3 Likes

I get what you’re saying and agree, however, the plant was slow to grow and unless it was exceptional, I wouldn’t have kept it. I cannot take the risk of pollination.

1 Like

“hermie” is a hermaphrodite and it is a female plant with male parts.
“chick with a dick”
So to be a “hermie” there must “balls” in her. No pollen without male parts.
I dont see those in your ex- plant.

1 Like

1 Like

Looks like it’s exploding with seeds. Sorry this happened to you.

This is a hermaphrodite.

What strain is this?

White critical male flowers were just about to bust before i cut her down. A killer strain hell bent on making seeds i guess. Plant wasnt riddled with seeds the flowers to the right are all male it literally grew another branch off of a bud. Kinda neat i think.