Help to understand new growth in late flower

3 Likes

I noticed it alot when, I used house and garden shooting powder. Not sure why…

1 Like

Those are forms of ‘foxtailing’ if I’m not mistaken. It probably means that those buds are too close to the light. Some strains naturally foxtail, but in this case it looks to be caused by light stress.

1 Like

I notice foxtailing if I go too long on co2 past week six, when I don’t dial back the light at week six and when I give them microzee past week six. Some times it a combination of these thing and also sometimes it’s a genetic thing, try dialing things back toward the end.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input, I’ve been curious what conditions may trigger foxtailing. These are Watermelon Haze clones I did start dimming lights going into week 7 within 2 days signs of the foxtailing started so had me wondering if reducing light intensity triggered it or maybe she was going to do it anyway. I didn’t reduce intensity with the moms and didn’t see this. I’m happy with the grow just trying keep my understanding in check :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I did not read other reply… so it’s getting too many nutes. And the plant is pushing to keep going since it has the nutrients availablez you should have cut you ec by atleast 1.0 in week 7. So basically you’re going to get fox tailing it’s not bad thing. But it’s definitely has to much to use in your medium and wants to keep going.

1 Like

That doesn’t look like it’s stress. It’s just peaked in it’s formation. Some varieties naturally foxtail in any conditions.

3 Likes